Are your wineries open when there is no event scheduled?
- YES! Our wineries are open year-round so please stop by for a wine tasting even if no event is scheduled. Check our wineries page for a list of each winery's hours of operation.
Where can I purchase tickets to an event?
- Wine Trail event tickets may be purchased during the weekend of the event from any winery or pre-sale online here.
What hours are your events?
- Wine Trail event hours are typically Friday & Sunday from 12pm - 5pm and Saturday from 10am - 5pm unless otherwise posted. Please check the events page for more info.
Where do I start on the wine trail?
- You may start and end at any winery that you'd like at any time. This is a self-guided tour.
Do I need my ID to do wine tasting?
- Yes. A valid photo ID with proof of age is required to participate in wine tasting. Please have your ID ready upon arrival.
Is my wine tasting event ticket good for the whole event?
- Yes! Your wine tasting event ticket is good for all of the days of the event weekend so feel free to extend your stay. Your ticket entitles you 3 tastings at each winery. Additional tastes are an extra charge.
Can you recommend any limo/tour companies or places to stay?
- We highly recommend any of our associate members listed under the "Travel Links/Associate Members" section on our website. These associate members are familiar with how the wine trail events work and can provide you with excellent service.
Is transportation provided?
Can I bring my own beverage inside/outside of the winery?
- No. Alcoholic beverages need to be left inside of limos/cars/buses and are not allowed on the winery grounds or inside of the winery, thank you!
Can I get some literature about the Niagara Wine Trail?
- Sure! We have a brochure that we can mail to you or you can view a digital version here. Please fill out our contact form on the "Contact" page with your name and address and we will mail you a copy. Or you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are reservations required or pre-sale tickets necessary?
- No. You can visit the wineries or participate in an event without registration, however we recommend purchasing tickets if you attend an event in advance. It helps us plan our events to serve you better.
There is a discount for tickets purchased in advance. If you are coming in a large group or bus you should call ahead, or if coming for an event purchase your tickets together under one name.
Important Information about event tickets:
To avoid overcrowding, and to make our events more enjoyable for everyone, you may select your preference for a starting winery when you reserve your tickets online. The number of reservation priced tickets remaining for each starting winery will be shown on the product page in the online store. This system may also introduce you to a winery you may have never stopped at before!
Please start at your assigned winery and then proceed at your own pace and in the direction most convenient for you and your party. This helps to keep traffic flowing smoothly around the wine trail, and helps to minimize check-in delays. This is also the location where you’ll pay for your tickets and pick up your wine glass and wine tasting ticket.
It is recommended that large groups place all ticket reservations under the same order to ensure they will receive the same starting point. If there are not enough tickets remaining at a starting point to accommodate your group please email the wine trail directly so alternative arrangements may be made for you: email@example.com
Although the available advance tickets at a location my run out, tickets will be sold at the door at each winery during the event for the at the door price unless otherwise noted on this website.
How much is it to taste if I do not purchase a Vino Visa Passport or an Event ticket?
- Wine tasting fees are usually between $2-5 depending on the winery. Ice wine tasting is typically extra. If you were to taste at all the wineries without a Vino Visa or Event ticket it would be at least $32 or more.
Can I have a map of the wine trail?
- There is a map available online that you can download and print out from your computer here. If you'd like a paper copy mailed to you please fill out our contact form and we can mail you a brochure that has a map inside.
I still have a question that I don't see here!