October 19-20, 2019
Hours: Saturday 10am-5pm,
Price: $30/person Online tickets ONLY*
NO at the door sales for this event.
THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT!
Wineries will have regular tastings for purchase during the event.
No tickets will be sold at the door for this event – Send us an email if you need help.
*We highly recommend groups purchasing tickets online in advance UNDER ONE ORDER.
**Arrowhead Spring Vineyards, A Gust of Sun Winery (Ransomville & Spencerport), Black Willow Winery, Midnight Run Wine Cellars and Spring Lake Winery will NOT be participating in this event, but will be open regular hours.
FOOD will be available at wineries: TBA
Questions? Need Help? E-mail us!
All wineries will be open for regular tastings during Hallowine. Click here for a map and hours.
“It’s Bird, It’s a Plane – It’s MURDER!”
Our annual murder mystery is a Superhero theme!
Come as yourself or in costume! Collect clues and interview a different suspect character at each participating winery** to solve the murder mystery. Submit your guess at your last winery. Correct guesses will be entered in a drawing to win wine prizes (you do not need to visit each winery to submit your guess).
Participating Wineries, Your First Clue, & Mystery Synopsis/Answer Listed Below ∨
Tickets are valid for both days of the event and include a tasting of 3 wines at each participating winery, a commemorative wine glass from your starting winery, and clues to solve the mystery.
Tickets do not include transportation. A list of suggested companies may be found here. A valid photo ID with proof of age is required to participate in wine tasting. Please have your ID ready upon arrival. Designated drivers and nondrinker attendees are welcome at the wineries at no charge.
*BlackBird Cider Works: Advanced reservation directly with the cidery for parties of 15 or more guests is required. BlackBird Cider Works will not be accepting reservations the day of the event. Groups that arrive without a confirmed reservation will be turned away.
* The Winery at Marjim Manor: does not accept any limos or buses after 4 PM. Please time your arrival appropriately.
* Schwenk Wine Cellars will accept no groups over 12 people after 4 PM unless prearranged with the winery before the day of the event.
- 810 Meadworks
- Blackbird Cider Works *(see group reservation policy)
- Chateau Niagara Winery
- Freedom Run Winer
- Honeymoon Trail Winery
- Lake Ontario Winery
- Leonard Oakes Estate Winery
- Liten Buffel
- Long Cliff Vineyards & Winery
- Niagara Landing Wine Cellars
- Salamaca Estate Winery
- Schulze Vineyards & Winery
- Schwenks Wine Cellars *(see group policy above)
- The Winery at Marjim Manor *(see group policy above)
- Victorianbourg Wine Estate
- Vizcarra Vineyards
It’s Bird, It’s a Plane – It’s Murder!
Professor W was the revered leader to the Superheroes in Aragain Wood. He helped them develop their powers, learn how to work together, and along the way save the world from the various villains who dared to disturb their peaceful community. But it was performance evaluation time. Someone didn’t like what Professor W told them. Based on the evaluations, he was going to name an heir. Who was it supposed to be? Who knocked him off? Who stole the evaluations? Who knew Professor W’s secrets?
One of these superheroes is not exactly what he or she seems:
- Lightning Bug: (at Honeymoon, Lake Ontario and Salamaca) Lights up every room. Sometimes by entering, sometimes by leaving, sometimes by arson.
- Kelly James: Knows how important sports are. Has a way to give the Bills the Stanley Cup and the Sabres the Super Bowl in the same year.
- Mother MacRay: (at Blackbird/Leonard Oakes) Can pair all socks as they come from the dryer. (The drunker she is, the faster it happens).
- Katerina: (at Long Cliff and Schulze) Has the power to herd cats.
- Bonne Bonne: Has the ability to turn any food you don’t like into chocolate.
- Cora Spondent: (at Marjim Manor) Local reporter who wants to know the real story.
- Alvin Coholic: Al Can make wine, beer, and liquor disappear without getting drunk.
- The Conductor: (at 810 Meadworks and Schwenks) Can turn a train whistle into any instrument he wants. Then he can bring the joy of music to all those little people who need their lives
- Please start at the winery you selected when purchasing your ticket(s).
- Participating wineries each have a suspect for you to interview. Please select the wineries that will allow you to meet each suspect once.
- Each suspect can give you information and clues. They can answer questions. As you collect the clues, you will be able to solve the murder.
- When you have solved the murder, fill in the back of your Hallowine ticket and leave it at the last winery you visit. That will allow you to be eligible for prizes. At the next wine trail meeting, we will put the correct answers in a hat and draw out the winners.
- Each winner will receive gift certificates for a bottle of wine from one of the participating wineries.
- Dressing in costume to fit the theme is encouraged! You can take pictures and post them on Social Media with #UncorkNWT.