Sundays in March: 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29
For the month of March various wineries along the Niagara Wine Trail USA will be hosting “Souper Sundays.”
Each Sunday, March 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th, participating wineries will pair a soup with a featured wine, cider or mead. A sample of the winery’s chosen soup is included with their tasting fee, unless otherwise specified below. No tickets will be sold for this event.
Use the hashtag #SouperSunday and #UncorkNWT and share your favorite pairing throughout the month!
The wine trail does not include transportation. A valid photo ID with proof of age is required to participate in wine tasting.
Please have your ID ready upon arrival. Designated drivers and non-drinking attendees are welcome at the wineries at no charge.
Participating wineries and dates:
- A Gust of Sun Winery:
- March 1st: Enjoy a glass of Dry Diamond paired with chicken tortilla soup by Ashley’s Culinary Creations with a bottle of Dry Diamond to take home for only $20
- March 8th:
- A Gust of Sun -Ransomville: Enjoy a glass of Traminette paired with a bowl of creamy tomato basil soup by Ashley’s Culinary Creations with a bottle of Traminette to take home for only $20 at A Gust of Sun -Ransomville Sunday, March 8th. Free samples of soup before you commit to a bowl.
- A Gust of Sun – Spencerport: Enjoy a glass of Dry Riesling with a bowl of Perfect Potato Soup prepared by Kathy, one of our delightful tasting room staff, with a bottle of Dry Riesling to take home for only $20 at A Gust of Sun – Spencerport Sunday, March 8th. Free samples of soup before you commit to a bowl.
- March 15:
- This week at A Gust of Sun Winery Ransomville & Spenceport: Spring vegetable soup with small pasta and cheese. We went green for St. Patrick’s Day! Free samples.
- Grab a bowl of soup paired with a glass of Unoaked Chardonnay and a bottle of Unoaked Chardonnay to take home all for $20 ($30 value).
- March 22, 29
- Bella Rose Vineyard & Winery
- Freedom Run Winery:
- Every Saturday and Sunday in March: offering New England Clam Chowder
- Offering Fish Fry every Friday, and Brunch every Sunday in March
- Honeymoon Trail Winery:
March 1: Chicken Corn Chowder paired with Sauvignon Blanc
March 8: Beef Spaetzle – authentic German dumplings paired with Honeymoon Spice Wine
March 15: Zuppa Toscana (sausage kale potato) paired with Merlot
March 22: Chili paired with Honeymoon’s Over
March 29: Olde Fashioned Chicken Noodle paired with Chardonnay* If interested in purchasing a bowl call ahead so we can reserve yours! All soups available for tastings also paired with delicious cheeses.** soup is available to purchase until gone!
- Midnight Run Wine Cellars:
- March 1st: Southwest Chicken Chowder
- March 8th: Italian Wedding Soup
- March 15th: Cream Of Mushroom
- March 22nd: Coconut Curry Chicken
- March 29th: Italian (sausage) Mostaccioli Soup
- Lake Ontario Winery
- March 8th: Zuppa Tuscana paired with our Lakeside White
- Schulze Vineyards & Winery:
- March 1st: Tomato Spinach Tortellini
- March 8th: Thai Peanut Soup paired with Riesling or Tiny Bubbles
- March 15th: Chili paired with Lakehouse Red
- March 22, 29
- Victorianbourg Wine Estate: We are serving up some traditional southern comfort via soup each Sunday in March! Each week we will alternate between two of the South’s most cozy and comforting soups that are guaranteed to fend off the cold winter chills. Our first featured soup will be a true southern classic…Shenandoah Valley Chicken and Dumplings. Delicately herbed dumplings, succulent pieces of chicken, and a blend of seasoned vegetables combine in a scrumptiously delicious broth that delights the palate as it warms the soul. This soup is the perfect accompaniment to either our Chardonnay (dry white) or Toriamour (sweet effervescent wine) both wines have a beautiful fruitiness to them that provides a fun contrast to the more earthy undertones of the soup.
Our second feature soup is based on a comfort food classic…Louisiana style Chicken Pot Pie. This soup has a rich creamy broth base filled with succulent pieces of chicken, a blend of seasoned vegetables, and tender chunks of potato. Enjoy this soup with either our Riesling (dry white) or Uvalina Blanc (sweet white). The bright refreshing qualities of both wines adds a wonderful brightness to this soup that makes the pairing dance on the palate!
- March 1st: Shenandoah Valley Chicken and Dumpling
- March 8th: Louisiana style Chicken Pot Pie soup
- March 15th: Shenandoah Valley Chicken and Dumpling
- March 22nd: Louisiana style Chicken Pot Pie soup
- March 29th: Shenandoah Valley Chicken and Dumpling
- Vizcarra Vineyards at Becker Farms
- March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- The Winery at Marjim Manor
- March 1st: Broccoli Cheddar paired with Starlight or 100 Windows wines
- March 8th: Vegetable rice soup paired with Jewel in the Crown
- March 15, 22, 29
Tastings Sundays from Noon – 5pm.
Soup samples are available in limited supply!
Reservations are recommended for groups of 6 or more (please see individual winery policies for limo and bus groups).